Bandwiz, a managed delivery software company announced a strategic integration with IBM's DB2 Content Manager.
Content of all types, including documents, images, audio and video that reside in IBM's DB2 Content Manager frequently needs to be distributed throughout the geographically dispersed enterprise.
Bandwiz's DistributeIt, a managed delivery software product, makes the distribution of content fast, secure and network transparent.
DistributeIt will complement IBM's DB2 Content Manager by managing the logistics associated with distributing large digital files to worker's desktops securely, without chewing up expensive networking bandwidth. Large files can range from PowerPoint files to engineering drawings to multimedia training to large documents, spreadsheets or data files.
The DistributeIt / DB2 Content Manager integration requires two points of contact between the systems. At the data center, DistributeIt pulls the documents out of Resource Manager and delivers them to DistributeIt Manager. Here the documents are encrypted and securely distributed to the DistributeIt Agent, and then to the DB2 Content Manager Client - both of which reside on the same user system located at the edge. All of this is done transparent to the end user.
Integration with IBM's DB2 Content Manager allows Resource Manager to transparently re-direct large files through the DistributeIt system and provides the following customer benefits:
· Remote users and distributed offices experience LAN-like performance over WAN networks when accessing large files.
· Pre-positioning the encrypted media files for "on demand" and "simulated live" viewing.
· Significant bandwidth savings for IBM's enterprise customer.
· DistributeIt usage auditing allows managers to track the viewing and usage information to the end user level to ensure corporate or regulatory requirements are met.
· DistributeIt pre-positions and delivers portal content to the desktop of mobile users, reducing download time by 90% or better. The net effect is high-speed access to critical portal content without the need to invest in expensive caching hardware.
Give your story premium visibility!